Top university teachers announced
5 December, 2016
On Thursday, 1 Dec 2016, The Minister of Education and Training, Simon Birmingham, presented Australian awards for university teaching to individuals and groups who have made outstanding contributions to enhancing student learning outcomes.
The teaching excellence awards were presented to 18 individuals across many disciplines including, science, the arts, Indigenous studies, psychology, business, health and journalism.
Twelve programs were also recognised for their contribution to enhancing learning.
For a full list of award recipients, please visit:
Soft Launch of profile Booklet | Australian University Teachers of the Year 1997-2015
1 November, 2016
The Victoria Tasmania Promoting Excellence Network (VTAS-PEN) with the support of the Department of Education and Training have developed a booklet containing the profiles of Australian University Teachers of the Year 1997-2015. A soft launch of the booklet will occur at the Awards Networking Event. This will involve:
- meeting with other award recipients including past recipients
- interacting national/state and territory learning and teaching networks, including a discussion about the establishment of a national network of award alumni.
- discussing key issues and opportunities in higher education, and
- exploring the value of award
2016 Australian Awards for University Teaching
1 October, 2016
The Department of Education and Training will announce the recipients of the 2016 Australian Awards for University Teaching on Thursday 1 Dec 2016. Awards will be granted for
- Teaching Excellence
- Programs that Enhance Learning
- Australian University Teacher of the Year
Watch this space!